Re: Bikini Top

To: "ken pletcher" <pletch@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Bikini Top
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:58:28 PST8PDT
Ken writes:
>   I'm try to figure a way to make a Bikini top for my Roadster that goes
> from the windshield to my roll bar like jeeps have.

Two years ago at Mt. Shasta there was an elderly gentleman that
had built just such an awning. I've got pictures but don't know where
they are at the moment :-(. He constructed a hold-down bar that
attached above the windshield (I don't remember exactly how
any more, but it was all home-brew; no hardtops were injured).
He then had a 'hoop' that fit into the round holes in the lip
behind the seats (take a look along the black trim strip on the
body and you'll see). The top pulled over this bar and cords then
attached to the back edge (at the teardrop fasteners?). He used
it for the Modesto cruises so it must have been relatively rugged.

Anyone have pictures they can post?

-- John