Re: Bikini Top

To: pletch@pacbell.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bikini Top
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:15:06 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/99 10:18:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pletch@pacbell.net writes:

<<   I'm try to figure a way to make a Bikini top for my Roadster that goes
 from the windshield to my roll bar like jeeps have.  The upholstery shops
 I've asked don't venture far from the norm and have been no help.  Since my
 head gets totally baked after 5 hour trips like to Shasta, I think its
 possible and want to know if anybody has ideas?  The idea I'm thinking about
 is to cut the front edge from the hard top I have to use as a front bow and
 use hinged arms to go back to the roll bar.  Any idea's? >>

Wow...that's definitely a good idea. Ok, I will admit, I'm SERIOUSLY
considering shaving my windows completely..a la Datster. But the fear of
having abosultely no top protection is a little scary. A bikini top should
work well...I think you might wanna try and call some VW places or shops that
have worked on any dune buggies! Wet suit-like neoprene would be a nice
material to use huh? Hmmm...

Van