Re: Bikini Top

To: "ken pletcher" <pletch@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Bikini Top
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 99 10:05:30 -0500
>Hi all,
>
>  I'm try to figure a way to make a Bikini top for my Roadster that goes
>from the windshield to my roll bar like jeeps have.  The upholstery shops
>I've asked don't venture far from the norm and have been no help.  Since my
>head gets totally baked after 5 hour trips like to Shasta, I think its
>possible and want to know if anybody has ideas?  The idea I'm thinking about
>is to cut the front edge from the hard top I have to use as a front bow and
>use hinged arms to go back to the roll bar.  Any idea's?
>     Ken
>DATSTER

I've been wondering how to to something like this with my 1600, sounds
like you've got the basic ingredients (I got no roll bar or extra front
bow) .  Seems like you could pattern a top by attaching fabric of choice
to front bow, and wrap around roll bar. you could use large snaps for the
final piece.  if you wanted more coverage rear of the bar, continue
fabric past bar toward the rear of cabin,get some 3/4 or 1 inch webbing.
Two pieces of webbing could lead to adjusting buckles to set tension,
then to "D" rings which would slip into teardrop thingies.  Maybe I
should get a Roll bar so I can make one!

Marc Tyler
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
Boerne TX (Actually Sisterdale TX)