Re: $500 roadster

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: $500 roadster
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:18:38 EDT
  Fred and everyone,

  Good advice!  Taylor, around here in L.A. you can pick up a running
Roadster for around $1500, not too much more than you're looking for.  Sure,
you may have some work to do on it, but at least you'll be enjoying the ride
while you're fixing it up.  To "restore" or customize, you're easily looking
at $5000 plus and that's if you're doing most of the work yourself. The other
thing is patience, some restorations or custom jobs can take over a year, if
it ever gets finished at all...things come up, money gets tight etc.
  I'm currently building a Roadster myself,  I bought a complete (minus top
shell), not running '66 for $500.  That was in December '98 and although it's
getting closer to completion, it's still going to be a little while before
I'm out cruising it around.  I'm already $3500 into it, and will probably be
in around $5-6000 by the time I'm done.  I had already figured this, knowing
the way I am with cars and have budgeted for it (not married  =)
  Just a few things to consider...
  Hope this helps!

  Stan Wada