Re: Brakes

To: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:26:28 -0700

Jim Tyler wrote:

> The early drums might work o.k. on the late axles but I don't know why you
>would
> want to use them since they aren't finned nicely like the late style.
-----
The late model finned brake drum rims interfere with the brake backing
plates on the early style axle.  You can make them work by doing a bit
of bending on the backing plate rim, but I'm guessing this means there
would be a gap between late model backing plates and the early
non-finned drums.

Then like Jim says, why would you WANT to use the early drums??