RE: Brakes

To: "'a roadster list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 19:15:17 -0400
Actually there are some differences.  65-66 had the early iron rear drums
(although the same springs,shoes, adjuster, cyl.) and the brake backing plate
is different.
If you put the (67.5-70) aluminum drums on the earler axles they will drag
unless you use the
late backing plates...as I recall.

The early drums might work o.k. on the late axles but I don't know why you would
want to use them since they aren't finned nicely like the late style.

Jim