Re: Brakes

To: "denis jiron" <doj27288@csun.edu>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:06:19 -0700
When I lived by CSUN I really NEEDED brakes (valley traffic can be hazardous
to your health!). Denis, when I bought my car and drove it out of the PO's
driveway I didn't stop until I was halfway into the middle of the street! At
that time, I believed that it was only because the brakes were manual. Well,
I was wrong. Roadster brakes are awesome! These are the same Dunlop brakes
that stop the Jaguar E type and the heavyweight Jensen Healy. If you have
any doubts that you need brakes, call me this weekend and we'll trade cars.
Since my rebuild, MY CAR STOPS!!! Before, it was the pressure exerted on the
pedal that modulated the braking action. Now, It's just the pedal position.
what a major difference.

Read Tom's Brake FAQ! I'll Attach it below. And see why you DON'T want to
turn your rotors! It was amazing to me to find out that you could end up
with no brakes at all just doing this standard brake service procedure!
Another reason why you have to be careful where you take your car for
service. If they don't know roadsters. It could be trouble.

I know that your on a budget, but don't skimp on your brakes! I bought all 4
cylinders for $250.00 and spent a happy afternoon installing them right!
with new pads and everything Clean, Clean, Clean.

The following is a link the Master's Wisdom
http://datsun.org/roadster/info/tech_tips/brakes.html