RE: 1500 help and such

To: "'sidney raper'" <spl310@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1500 help and such
From: Paul Strassmaier <PaulS@dowa.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:49:48 -0700
You may be able to get a reverse bit, and back them out.  Mine were so bad I
had to drill out the spotweld, and pull the bracket out.  A little heat
might help, but that will then get you repainting your jambs, which you will
be doing anyway.  Nice place for anti-seize when you re-assemble!

I had the rockers off, so I could reach up in there and pull them out.

Good Luck,

Paul Strassmaier
67 2000

PS:  My intake manifold is off, and I am building up the area of the intake
manifold that the washer hits to get it the same height as the exhaust.
Seems like the best long term solution.  Taking it to an aluminum welder
tonight, should just be four drips...