Re: still no spark

To: jawalker@zcentral.com, ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: still no spark
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:27:55 -0700
Sorry, But I have not been following this so if I am redundant Sorry again.
My $.02.
This can be done with a test light.
You need to narrow the problem to open or closed circuit.
Clip you test lamp on a good ground ( check the positive battery lead to make
sure you light works ).
Turn the key on.
1 Check the lead going into the dist. with the points open.   See the light.
(Sorry)
2 Check the lead with the points closed  Don't see the light. <Grin>
If the problem is in the dist. i.e. one of the above is wrong.
1 -> If you have on light went the points are open , pull the lead off the dist.
and check the wire to the dist. with the light.
If it lights, the problem is in the dist.  (Short circuit.) Check were the bolt
that goes thru the dist and that the white wire are not grounded.....
2 -> I the light is on when the points are closed  ( Open circuit )  Check to
see if the light goes on when you touch the points end of the white wire.  If
not, replace the wire. If it does check the dist bresker plate ground wire.
(replace)
Hope this helps,
Phil

--
Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (619) 622-7963
Associate Scientist