Re: still no spark

To: "Andrew Jacobs" <Legal-Z@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: still no spark
From: "jdg1" <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:53:53 -0700
Andrew,

On the older Datsuns, including the roadster, there was a special wire that
ran from the side of the distributor to the points.  This wire (orginally
white) would sometimes break internally even though the outer sheath would
remain intact.  Pulling on the ends of the wire will not give a true picture
if it is broken since you may be pulling on the sheath.  Testing the wire
with an Ohm meter may also be inaccurate as the wire may make contact in
certain positions -- usually the same position as you are holding it to
test.  You may want to check this wire and replace it if possible.

good luck,

jerry