Re: still no spark

To: jdg1 <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: still no spark
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:42:54 -0700
I was reading Andrew's most recent message when I remembered the electrical
trouble I had
with a '73 or '74 510 I had in college. Same symptoms: no spark and everything
seeming to
check out alright. I was just about to reply that it had turned out to be this
little wire
connecting the points to the distributor, when I read Jerry's message.

On my 510 the wire looked perfect from the outside (it had cloth - probably
fiberglas
cloth - insulation)  but was fractured internally - my theory was that it stuck
up in the
way of the rotor and got whipped every time the rotor  went around, which meant
that it
took a lot of abuse before it finally let go. When you replace it, make sure
that it is
tucked down out of the way of the rotor - and Happy Motoring!

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA