odds and ends

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: odds and ends
From: "Dan Neff" <neffster@mail.bemail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:53:37 MDT
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Hey Gary! Congrats on the win last weekend!
That race was the first time I ever saw an autocross(!!), and got to
meet Gary and Greg Nelson from Wyoming. Great job!
If MY Roadster had a paint job as nice as yours, I think I'd go bird
hunting.. make a hood ornament or something..
(next autocross, _I'm_ racing.. but I don't want to have to be in
 YOUR class (CSP) just because the 1% of my 99% stock is a header!
 Can't I just tell 'em: "I dunno! It was there when I bought it!"?
 My car'd be like a '66 Mustang going against a '66 Shelby!).

RE: Plates
I'm too late I'm sure, but I saw a cool out-of-state plate the other
day: "UGO2SLO"

..and a question for y'all. It seems to me my points work their way
closed every 3-5,000 miles. Is this 'normal'? I don't recall having
'self-adjusting' points before.. I guess it's no big deal, 2 minutes
to re-gap, but I can't figure out the mechanics of WHY? I've got
probably 8k miles on a re-manufactured distr'r from Autozone.. No
other symptoms. Runs like a top, 23 mpg city, 28 highway, etc..

  Got my first quote for body/paint job ($2500).. and just paint if
I prep myself ($1000). I asked for original color (grey), but add
clear coat, with a 'middle' quality job; where Maaco was
unacceptable, and Show is too much (for a daily driver). I guess the
good news is the body is incredibly straight and rust-free. Bad news
is, I dunno when I afford to do it!

  Well heck, while I'm sucking up bandwidth, I might as well pose
another poser. I was inspecting my fan belt (as I thought I'd heard
an occassional ???[screech? like a power steering pump] on
decceleration in the last day or 2), and noted a _single_ drop of
antifreeze sitting ON TOP of the waterpump. Should I be worried?
Yet? (belt and tension were fine).

thanks,
dan.
Dan Neff   '69 2000