RE: Off topic (was: still spewing coolant)

To: "'PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO'" <slick@mohaveaz.com>, sandhoff@csus.edu
Subject: RE: Off topic (was: still spewing coolant)
From: Paul Strassmaier <PaulS@dowa.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:37:20 -0700
It can be done!  It can't be nearly as bad as mine was, and I'm almost
there!  Count on lots of expletives, a really light wallet near the end
(you'll run out of money before it's done).

That expression about buying the best car you can is really true.  You'll
spend far more money fixing that one than another, but there really is a
great amount of satisfaction in resurrecting one that really was nearly
totally gone.  My car was really a parts car, many missing pieces, and lots
of rust (we metal patched 26 holes in the main body and rear quarters).  It
had hood pins, etc, lightened and cut out everywhere.  Nearly every panel
was replaced or extensively repaired.  The rear quarters were two deep (They
put the newer crumpled ones over the old crumpled ones!).  The doors barely
opened and closed because they were pinned by the double layer of metal.  I
could go on and on....

As I close up the five year process, it's neat to know that my car is really
special in that it was saved after so many years of sitting idle.

Now if I could only get it running!

Paul Strassmaier
67 2000 Solex #652 (as I understand hasn't run since 1979)