"MY" Roadster

To: " CRAIG HALSTED" <MMJB28A@prodigy.com>
Subject: "MY" Roadster
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:06:03 -0700
I'm afraid that selling the car is out of the question.  My 27 year old son
has already made a claim on it.  In fact he wants it right now.  I have said
no to him also.  The reason I parked it is that I had the transmission 5th
gear neutral replaced, with the splined shaft and gears.  And shortly
thereafter I began to hear a clicking noise in the running gear.  I thought
it was in the transmission again,  so I had no time to pull the engine and
trans. again, so it sat.  I purchased ( just recently thanks to the
information on this site) the Chilton repair & tune up guide, and while I
was reading the troubleshooting section I found that the clicking I was
hearing is in a rear wheel bearing.  (I COULD HAVE BEEN DRIVING THE CAR ALL
THIS TIME).   Now I know the water pump is frozen shut, and the interior is
totally destroyed.  not to mention that I was away for a time, and the car
was vandalized.  tore the console to get  the radio out.  took the tires and
rims, and all the chrome: headlight rings, kick plates, tail lites, and
cannot remember all that is missing.  If I remember correctly the car number
is #852 . it also has a dual master cylinder for the brakes.  and it has on
the passenger side by the radiator, a glass bowl fuel filter.  Writing this
has renewed my interest in "MY" Roadster, I think I will begin to bring it
back to life. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh, when I lived in northridge Ca.
I wanted to rebuild my Solex Carbs. so I went to Mikuni Solex to see if I
could get the things I needed to rebuild it.  I was told flat out those
early carbs that I have are banned in California.  and that he could not
sell me even the gaskets, not to mention the kits.  I wonder if, now that I
live in Az., those kits would be available to me?
Pat  67.5 2000 Solex