Re: Blasting rims....

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blasting rims....
From: Allan Carmichael <al671600@home.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 05:50:16 -0800
Have them dipped, instead of sand-blasted.  I did that with my wheels 7
years ago prior to powder-coating (black matte, 67% reflectivity), and it
has held up great.  Powder coating does not completely fill the seam
between the inner hub and the outer rim on the wheel:   I ran a thin bead
of black silicone seal in the gap, which worked perfectly, and has also
held up to this date.  No sign of corrosion, even though the car has
wintered outside.

>I want to sand/bead blast the rims for my '69 2000 and then get them
>powder
>coated.
>
>Any suggestions on
>1) places I should go in the San Jose, California area
>2) things I should ask or look for when I find or call a potential
>jobber?
>
>Or... should I just buy new rims?
>
>t.hutt@worldnet.att.net

Allan Carmichael