Re: Radiator

To: cbreaul@banet.net
Subject: Re: Radiator
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:02:23 EDT
In a message dated 05/30/1999 5:14:21 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
cbreaul@banet.net writes:

<< Hello All,
 Maybe someone out there can help me. What I'm looking for is a high
 efficiency radiator to retro-fit into my 69 1600. She seems to want to
 run HOT and the rest of the cooling system is
 new.(waterpump,t-stat,electric fan.) There appears to be enough room to
 fit a larger unit in there and I hope to use one of the newer aluminum
 units.
 Thanks
 Charlie Breault
 69 1600
 SPL311-25980

Charlie,

Be SURE you have gotten rid of the original fan clutch and replaced it with a
spacer, available from any of our suppliers.  My car has the original 3-row
radiator that I had rodded out a few years ago, a four blade fan and I had
the fan clutch tack welded so it would act like the spacers and in never
overheats, and it gets hot here.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque