Re: Any ideas? Overheating 2000...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any ideas? Overheating 2000...
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 99 15:16:59 CDT
>Thanks, Toby.  What's odd, is that in this case, the hose is collapsing
>while under pressure.

Bob,

Usually when I do see that happen, rare with a roadster, I suspect
a bad hose. Since you have a new gates hose, I would not suspect
it is the hose... but hard to tell.

As someone pointed out the older hoses had wire springs inside them
to prevent the collapsing of the hose. Nissan never used the spring,
but it was common on aftermarket hoses.  Newer hoses rarely have
the spring, as it seems they have improved the hose itself.

Your original question wondering about the radiator condition seems
reasonable. If in doubt, might be simple to pull the radiator and
have it rodded out.

Since your temp gauge was not functional, hard to know if it has
been running hotter over a period of time, or just recently. When
I see a roadster suddenly running hot, not a bad idea to check
the ignition timing and mixture settings (pulling the plugs to
look will give you an idea).

Cheers,

Tom