RE: Any ideas? Overheating 2000...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Any ideas? Overheating 2000...
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:29:27 -0400

  I have seen too many 'generic' radiator hoses on roadsters that complain about
running hot.  The PO of my 1600 had a ribbed generic hose on the upper radiator
hose.  When I replaced it with a Nissan replacement, the car ran about 5 degrees
cooler!  For the cost savings (?) of a generic hose, it's not worth the damage
that can be done inside your motor.

Paul
OROC

Rob,
I seem to remember that the Ford Pinto (I used to own one) had a metal spring in
the lower radiator hose that would prevent it from collapsing.  If the spring
rusts out or is missing then the hose would indeed collapse due to the suction
caused by the waterpump (when revving).

John E. Engelson
Marysville, WA
Still looking for a '67 1600