Re: Lotus by Bow

To: lotus-cars@lists.best.com, "A. Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph>,
Subject: Re: Lotus by Bow
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 98 08:40:25 PST

I have some of his work.  Absolutely wonderful!  He really captures the soul of
our cars.

Rod
Subject: Lotus by Bow
Author:  "A. Sta. Maria" <atocha@globe.com.ph> at CCGATE
Date:    7/2/98 8:28 AM

Hello Mike,

I am glad you know Bow (the pen name of a bearded Japanese gentleman).
There indeed is a compilation of some of his works, called "Sportscar 185
Illustrations,"  actually cover illustrations for Car Magazine and available
from that publication.   This a fantastic, very high quality hardbound book,
with one illustration per page (one side only), suitable for framing, all of
classic sports cars.  The Ferrari 206SP, 246GT, 911, Fiat Abarth, DBR/1.
280SL, 300SL, GT350, 289 Cobra, Mini Cooper, and Corvette are all there,
among many, many others.  Lotus (and the Lancia Stratos, which seems to have
more than its fair share of pages) are a favorite of the artist - the book
has all the classic Lotus road cars: a red over white Elan S4, a BRG "racing
Elan,"  Europa, Elite (14), and Seven.  This is one of my favorite books,
and I keep a copy at the office just in case a good break from the tedium is
required!  Comes in a slipcase.

Highly recommended.

Andres
Manila