RE: Rover V8 in a Stag... - Reply

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, greg.gall@iname.com
Subject: RE: Rover V8 in a Stag... - Reply
From: Dan Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:28:39 -0600
>Although a British car nut, the Avanti is the one American car that I
have
>always wanted to restore - but it has to be an original Studebaker and
>not one of the later replicas with (heaven forbid) Chevy power!

The later Avantis were not replicas.   They were built on the same
assembly line in South Bend as the originals by many of the same workers.
 Drivetrains were replaced with Chevy and other parts
were updated along the way.  Studebaker's V8 was nothing to
write home about and was very heavy for its limited displacement
so I wouldn't dismiss the Chevy so quickly.

Later,
Dan Jones