RE: Rover V8 in a Stag...

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rover V8 in a Stag...
From: Greg Gall <greg.gall@iname.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:26:13 -0700
As Kelvin wrote:

>Glen:
>       As a 3500S lover, have you seen the movie "Gataca"?  It is a Sci-Fi
>flick set in the not too distant future.  It is in the video stores now.

I just watched this movie on the weekend and thought it was excellent!

Not your typical hollywood horror/Sci-Fi or Action/Sci-Fi. The plot is
developed slowly and methodically, so don't expect to be gripping your seat
until the end!

>The characters drive around in what appear to be classic cars with modified
>power plants (electric or nuke).

I think they are electric. The sound effects of the vehicles are rather
electric-like, and there is one scene that shows our hero plugging in the
car in the parking lot with what looks like a battery cable with a nifty
terminal on it.

>Half way through the movie the security
>(cops) team shows up in matching gloss black 3500Ss' with black honeycomb
>mags.  Stunning looking cars.  At least the cars had 3500S hood scoops.

I agree! The cars really did look good...

Greg.
---
'76 TR7-V8 (Buick 350)
'77 TR7 4 speed A/C
'79 (March) TR7 DHC Auto
'80 (Dec '79) TR7 DHC 5spd
'80 Rover 3500 EFI, 5 spd, A/C
'80 Rover 3500 parts car !RIP!
'91 Eagle Talon

Gregory Robert Gall, ENT, BSc.   e-mail: greg.gall@iname.com
IT/Hardware Consultant, Calgary, Alberta, CANADA.