Machine work on Rover V-8s

To: "'buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net'" <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Machine work on Rover V-8s
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:17:41 -0800
Greetings,

Does anyone out there have good experience with machine shops in the
Sacramento/Northern California area for Rover V-8s?  I am ready to rebuild
my original MGB-GT V-8 engine and have what could be a thorny problem with
piston slap when warm (the consensus on the MG Live BBS was a void behind
one of the cylinder liners causing deformation of the liner). I want to
salvage the original block if possible, but I did get my hands on another
original MG V-8 shortblock if I need to use it (probably the only loose GT
V-8 engine in the US)

I need to find a shop who understands these engines and who can do a good
job.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Paul Kile