RE: Machine work on Rover V-8s

To: "'Randell Jesup'" <rjesup@wgate.com>
Subject: RE: Machine work on Rover V-8s
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:20:40 -0800
Randell,
I considered RPI, actually talked to them at length one night.  The problem
with that is twofold.  Yes, I am going totally concours with this car, since
there are so few Factory V-8s in the US.  The other problem is that the
original GT V-8 gearbox design is at its operational limits with the 3.5,
and probably would grenade behind a 3.9 block.

I know, I should replace the tranny with a Rover 5-speed and put in a 3.9,
but after all the originality that I have gone after (trips to England to
get trim bits and stuff from Syd Beer, for example), I couldn't bring myself
to make the changes.  Even if the mod is visually inconspicuous, I could see
myself in a car show yelling out to the judges..."Gentlemen!  Dissemble no
more!!  Gaze upon the beating of this hideous non-original engine!!"  (with
apologies to E. Poe).

Cheers, PK

PS:  What is CDA II?