[British-cars] XPAG oil pressure

To: tabc@yahoogroups.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [British-cars] XPAG oil pressure
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:55:46 -0500
When I start my XPAG (TD) I get 80 lbs of oil pressure. When it warms
up the pressure drops to 60 and after driving it drops to 50 and
remains there. After driving it drops to 20 lbs at idle.  I use
multiweight oil 10-40 I think.  I drip oil all over the place.  I got
the gauge from a professional rebuilder so i'm pretty sure it is
accurate.  My friends report oil splatters on their windshields
following me and I get an 8 inch puddle instead of a few drips when
stopping.  At idle I almost get a steady stream.   It is also
beginning to leak from around my pipes to the oil filter.  I have a
filter adapter with a spin on.

Suggestions?  Thanks,  Mike