Re: [British-cars] XPAG oil pressure and some minor leaks!

To: "Mike Duvall" <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>, <tabc@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [British-cars] XPAG oil pressure and some minor leaks!
From: "robin berens" <rberens@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 07:52:34 -0700
I owned the First TD in North America (The  Show Car in then the New York
Show),
>From what you describe, I would disregard oil pressure FOR THE MOMENT, and
go to your local friendly parts house and buy 2 cans of GUNK (or equivalent)
spray the whole engine,Gearbox aka Transmission, differential, Mother in
Law, whatever, let stand, hose it off. Try to start engine, if it dosn't
start, dry the distributor, start the engine, stop the engine, lay
newspapers under the engine AFTER it stops dripping WATER. Run the engine
for 7.39574 minutes (approximately) and read the tealeaves, oops I mean the
paper under the car,(No,Not the headlines) AND FIX ALL THE OIL LEAKS (And
major holes over 2.483765 " Dia.) AND THEN REPEAT AFTER ME!

Our Farnham, which art in Hendon,
Harrow be thy name,
Thy Kingston come, they Wimbledon
In Erith as it is in Hendon.
Give us this day our Leathehead, and forgive us our bypasses as we forgive
them them their bypass against us,
For thine is the Kingston, the Purley & the Crawley,
For Esher & Esher
Crouch End.

Then start the Engine which will run like it never ran before  (Which may be
good or bad.)

Robin Berens. Windsor (Great Park), California.