RE: Hayward ABFM & swap meet

To: twakeman@cruzers.com.british-cars@autox.team.net.mendo_recce@fourfol.d.org.triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hayward ABFM & swap meet
From: "Don Mathis" <don1@mailstart.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 06:47:12 -0700
Hi everybody.  Don Mathis here, i.e. super skulker.  I was with
this group years ago and have changed jobs, buildings, etc. but
still have my '61 MGA.  The '37 Bentley is now painted, the leather
seats are finished, and I'm trying to finish the wooden dash
so I can put the instruments in it and continue with the rewiring.

The reason I'm writing is that I've convinced a neighbor that
he needs a British sports car.  He is going for the gold !!
he is removing the body and is heading for the frame.  He asked
me where he could find the metric screws(!) I told him that they
couldn't be metric for a 1963/4 TR4 but are probably Whitworth.
 However, that doesn't sound right either.  I don't remember
any Whitworth screws on my '65 TR4A.  Anybody want to clear this
up for me.
 Thank you,

Don Mathis
Atlanta, Georgia

team.net>, "mendo rec list" <mendo_recce@fourfold.org>, " TR
list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Date: 6/6/01 12:12:16 PM
>

>Anyone planning on going to the Hayward All British Field and
swap meet
>this Sunday?
>
>8AM
>CSU Hayward
>$20
>
>I'm still trying to decide on which car to bring.  TR3A or Land
Rover