"A" O/D

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "A" O/D
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:01:06 -0400
Listers, a little help on my O/D ("A" type), when I drive for 10/15 minutes
in O/D and then switch out of O/D it will not reengage, leave it in the off
position for 10/15 minuets and she operates O/K, the solenoid does engage
with a hard clack as it did before, it is quick, but not fast, also the
tranny & O/D casing after a 15 min. drive are much to "hot" to touch, yes it
will burn you. I had Mobil 1 75/90 in it for only one oil change, less than
1K miles and changed back to Hav-0-line 50 racing oil that I have been using
for years, any thoughts/help are appreciated.  "FT"