Re: Different Brake Fluid Twist

To: "KTnKT" <ktnkt@cape.com>, "Brits" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Different Brake Fluid Twist
From: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:01:28 -0600
The other thing to bear in mind is that the RR doesn't have a conventional
brake system. There is no master cylinder, only  a control valve that
regulates pressure to the wheels. The pressure comes from an engine-driven
hydraulic pump, complete with nitrogen-charged pressure accumulators and
other technical tidbits.

The funny thing about the system is that in order to make the pedal "feel"
like a brake pedal, there is a rubber ball between the pedal linkage and the
control valve. The "squish" of the ball makes the pedal  "feel" more
conventional.

After having a customer's car here that needed about $2500 worth of brake
system repair that didn't include ANY pads, rotors, calipers, etc., I'm not
too interested in owning one!!

Jon Arzt
Cordel Foreign Motors
Omaha,  NE  USA