Antique Car Museum & car i.d. ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Antique Car Museum & car i.d. ?
From: island@whidbey.net (Judith Winter)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 23:52:39 PST
This, just on the 11 p.m. news:  Monte Holmes, on Ebey Island (near
Everett, which is near Seatttle, Washington, West coast of U.S.) has an
Antique Car Museum, filled with cars that he has restored.  Split-second
television shot showed lotsa shiny paint & chrome, cars mostly(?) from
pre-WWII (20's & 30's).  There was a robin's-egg-blue low, *round*,
something-or-other/you-tell-me, maybe-convertible, with a large,
single-horizontal-oval-front-grille with-I-think-vertical-members (chrome),
headlights were round. Austin? No, it's not a Corvette.  The vertical
members of grille were closer together, and the oval was more foot-ball
shaped (but laarrrge) than  flatly-oval.  Size: might fit in a borrowed
body-bag of Volvo 1800E (The V-content & #ing is for Ray.); bigger & taller
than AH 3000. Looking at a picture (in book) of '61 Daimler SP-250.  The
car I saw had its large grille *high* - between & above the headlights; the
grille was as wide as D's but taller. There's a '57 AC Bristol in this
book; that's not it either.  Gee, I might have to go to the museum to find
out what I saw. Well, tomorrow's a day for me to be catching a ferry
anyway, so ....

His day-job?  owns & operates a u-cut Christmas Tree farm, on the same
property as the car museum. No mention of on-site B&B, but there are many
in the area, well, within an hour or two's drive.  :)  Think you can tie
the Christmas tree onto the luggage rack on your lbc? (If I remember
correctly, there are a few brit-cars list-members who are neighbors of
mine, thus within driving distance of museum.)

In connection,

Judith Winter
island@whidbey.net