Re: LBC B&Bs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC B&Bs
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 16:29:01 -0500 (EST)
Re: the B&B for lbc thread:

Never mind traveling, we should first attack problems closer to home.  I
find I must have a house so that I can work on my lbc, but houses
constantly need attention, so that I have very little time to work on the
car.

I want a car nut condo.  This would be a Luxury Condos, cheap (to preserve
car money), with oil colored carpet and steel grey walls and woodwork.
The sinks and showers would be an attractive nut-brown color.  All needs
beyond brushing one's own teeth, and the like, would be met by flunkies
hired by the association, paid for by a very modest association fee (to
preserve gas and parts money).

Each unit would have a 3 car garage.  Additional garage space would be
available for a fee.  Association fees and use fees would help support a
central workshop with lifts, sandblasting booth, paint booth, etc.

Half the battle in the condo business must be naming the thing.  Let's
see, how about "Gear Head Heights?" Or "Bondo Acres?"

Of course, a car nut condo in Kansas would just have to be...
BODGE CITY.  I could be the sheriff.

Ray Gibbons