TR6 Gas Mileage

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Gas Mileage
From: dalfano@redjac.dnet.ge.com
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 16:38:18 EST
Howdy...

Out of the TR owners...  What kind of gas mileage can I expect for a 74 TR.
Before the rebuild (which I haven't even started the engine since) I was
gettingabout 15 miles per gallon.  Of course the motor was hammered out.  The
best
cylinder sporting a mighty 60 lbs of compression, the weakest 30 (not including
the burnt valve in cylinder number 5).

I think I'll get better than stock mileage, no emission control and a higher
compression ratio (0.095 off the head).  Bored 0.030 over and a slightly
healthier cam.  Best guest numbers would be appreciated.  Don't want to be
shoked too much either way...  Thanks...

Don

71 Challenger 340 (passes everthing except a gas station)
79 Mustang Cobra 302 (somewhere in the middle)
74 TR6 (hopefully a great commuting car... well at least average)