Re: Lucas electrics

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu ("W. Ray Gibbons")
Subject: Re: Lucas electrics
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 94 13:18:59 PST

> When restoring my car, I joked that british cars were ideal subjects for
> an amateur restoration, because they appear to have been designed and
> built by amateurs originally.  In comparison with modern cars, it does
> seem that way.
>
>    Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics

One observation Carroll Shelby is fond of making (and no doubt a big
contributor to his his differences with current AC Cars owner Brian
Angliss) is that the bodies for Cobras were hammer out by a bunch of
winos under a bridge in Thames Ditton.  A lot of what Shelby says
publicly is pure baloney but on this I think he is close to the mark.

Roland