Jensen C-V8 bumpers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jensen C-V8 bumpers
From: rwhitley@rs6000.nshpl.library.ns.ca (Ray Whitley)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 16:12:43 -0400
Greetings, Fellow Sufferers:

This is a very long shot, but this here internet's a new medium for yr.
hmble. svnt., so maybe we give it a try for obscure spares.

Please, does anyone out there in etherland know where I can acquire a back
bumper for a Jensen C-V8 Mark I or II (1962-65)? There aren't any NOS left,
you see, & I've been working with the Jensen Owners' Club C-V8 Registrar for
several years- so far without success- to arrange for remanufacure.  My own
bumper has been rebuilt twice too many times, most of them are by now rusty,
& the few C-V8 herders with a really good-'un are understandably unwilling
to detach the said component for use as a pattern.

So, anything from restorable to NOS would be most welcome. There has to be
one somewhere.  Oh, and please don't suggest Peugot 504 bumpers- they only
work on Mark IIIs.

Cheers,

Ray Whitley

"If God had intended Minis to be that fast, He'd've given 'em bigger wheels."
                                -Mick Standing