SOL - the next generation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SOL - the next generation
From: Dirk de Boer <dirk.deboer@usask.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 14:18:24 -0600 (CST)
"Dana Nojima (CBN)" <noji@lenti.med.umn.edu> writes

>My guess is that much of car collecting has to do with memories.

>The question of what will happen in 40 yrs to
>LBC collecting?  My guess is that our current image of LBCs will be what
>my feelings are towards a 40 Ford or Model A or T, which is indifference.
>
>I picture that this generation may be collecting Mi**tas and 300Zs and
>Land Rover Discoveries.

People do collect cars for the memories, but there are more reasons
such as performance, handling, and looks. British sports cars score high
in those departments which is why there will always be an interest in
them. When I drive by a school bus in the MGB kids wave and shout
things like 'Nice car!'. I bet that does not happen with a much more
pedestrian car such as the model T.