Re: Fat man in TC

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: Re: Fat man in TC
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 11:23:12 -0500 (EST)
Much better, Will, much better.  We horizontally aligned people appreciate
the sensitivity.

Spotting lbcs in movies and on TV seems to be a sort of automotive
birdwatching for the list.  But watching BBC reruns is really like taking
one of those nature boat rides in Bar Harbor, Maine.  Success is
guaranteed: "Oh, look, there is a bald eagle in that tree, right over
there, see that white dot?" Either the guide has one hell of a set of
eyes, or that damn bald eagle is stuffed and nailed to that tree.

Anyway, I think I will be more sporting.  Let's see, no point in watching
shows I already watch, if they were going to have lbcs I'd probably
already have seen them.  I have to pick something I never look at.  OK, I
have it, I will watch "Bay Watch." It is set in California (I am told),
and there are lots of lbcs in CA.  I bet there are lots of nifty lbcs on
"Bay Watch".  And I think maybe I caught sight of something interesting on
"Silk Staulkings" as Shirley channel surfed a week or two ago.  I'll watch
these.  The rest of you keep an eye on "Masterpiece Theater."

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910