Urethane bushings don't fit in upper trunion

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Urethane bushings don't fit in upper trunion
From: Dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 12:56:47 -0700 (MST)
I have a full set of urethane bushings for the suspension on the Midget.
I was fitting them together in the relavent places.  They were a great
fit in the A arms, but a really crappy fit in the upper trunion link.
So what should I do??

Shave off the bushing or ream out the trunion link?  I'm worried about
doing either as the suspension/steering geometry is very much dependent on
the correct alignment of these components.  As I remember, the rubber
bushings were not a great fit in this link.  Could it be a duff link or
maybe it was swaped with one from another car??
Does anyone have a spare 77 Midget link sitting around they would send
to see if it fits better?? It should be a good fit, if not something is
wrong, I'd rather correct the problem than start "making" them fit.

Cheers Dennis