Re: Fuel Pump Pressure (again)

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Pressure (again)
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 94 18:09:57 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re: Fuel Pump Pressure (again)) File(APR30943.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 04-30-1994 .. 14:39:33

>No, not true *IF* you select the right pump. Once again, SU's want to see 2-3
>PSI. There are many pressure ranges of pumps available- the common American
>Carb type being 4-7 PSI. A regulator can bring it back down to the right
>pressure, but they cost as much as the right pump to begin with.
>
>Can gross jets help this problem? No. In fact, in my experience, needle
>valves will seal to a higher pressure than Gross Jets.
>
>Bottom Line- Buy the right pump.

Thanks Roger:
I'll go look at regulators and pumps and see witch is the cheaper way to
go. I got the electric pump in a hurry cause the mechanical one was
spewing fuel all over the place while I was out moroting. I went into
the store and bought whatever they had hanging on the shelf and CHEAP!
I don't even know what the pressure is cause I threw out the package.
All I know is after that I began having trouble with the carb bowls
overflowing but until I saw the post on the list I never did
assisiate it with the new petorl pump.

Right now though I gotta go take the starter off the car and work on

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!