Re: Spit/GT6 Brakes, drivetrain, resto question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit/GT6 Brakes, drivetrain, resto question
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:55:03 -0600
One other thing I want to do this summer involves Killer, the autocrossing
Spitfire my friend and I are building.  When I get the suspension put on
the frame, I plan on bolting a TR6 gearbox to the back of a Spit motor to
see what needs to be done to squeeze one of those in there.  Probably no
room in the tunnel for an overdrive, though.  A 2 liter or 2.5 motor with
the same gearbox should be the same amount of work.  Well, a lot less work
in terms of getting a gearbox to fit, in terms of starter location.  And
the putting in a Quaife diff unit will strengthen that part up, so a hot
rod 2.5 liter Spit would only break the rear stub axles, instead of gearbox
and diff, too!

mjb.