[montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com: Re: overwhelming mail load]

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [montnaro@ausable.crd.ge.com: Re: overwhelming mail load]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:46:44 -0600
Skip muses:

   One possibility is to offer a World-Wide Web format. Messages could be
   funnelled to an archive somewhere with a pointer page listing subjects
   updated automatically, maybe rolling over each day to a new page. (Old pages
   would still be available.)  You could have your cake and eat it too.
   Messages could also feed into an update process for a WAIS database for
   retrospective searching.

If triumph had the disk space this would happen. Well, that and the time
I need to set it up.  The current (http://triumph.cs.utah.edu/team.net.html)
Team.Net page is pretty lame, and I haven't worked on the WAIS stuff for a
bit, but soon.  Last time I tried, it didn't do exactly what I wanted it
to do, but close.

There's only about $300 in the disk fund, which is about a quarter of what
I would like, but I may still be able to improve the situation soon.  We
shall see.  First off, I gotta get Junior ('74 Spitfire) ready for the
Utah Solo II Divisional coming up in a month, and the autocross school,
and the British Motor Club day at the SCCA autocross next month, and the
annual Memorial Day knucklebasher, and, oh, maybe do some of those things
my boss wants done!

mjb.