re: Planning a trip to the UK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Planning a trip to the UK
From: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 9:43:28 -0700 (MST)
bownes@lucas.emi.com writes:

> Anyone got any other suggestions for places to stop? We're going to have
> a car for well over a week, plan on being no further north than Coventry
> or so.

Don't miss the British Motor Heritage Centre.  This bran'
spankin' new facility is absolutely choked with history.  Great
fun for an afternoon. The downside is that it's pretty much Rover
Group history, which means Triumphs, MGs, Austins, etc, but no
Loti, Jags, RRs...  Still, it's a can't-miss if you'll be in the
middle bit of England.  It's at Gaysdon, about 20 minutes from
Stratford-Upon-Avon.  If you're lucky you can take a ride in a
Land Rover on the testing site on the premises.  Best to phone
ahead for details on this.

Also, your message indicates you drive a GT6.  In that case since
you'll be in Coventry be sure and stop by John Kipping's Triumph
Spares, in Aldermans Green Road. Bring no money if you don't want
to spend yourself into the poorhouse, he has everything for this
car and and is startlingly knowledgable.  If you do buy anything,
make sure you get a VAT exemption or refund form, I forget which.
You'll save yourself a whopping 17.5% if you remember this.