Planning a trip to the UK

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Planning a trip to the UK
From: <@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU:WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 08:20:57 -0600
All:  it seems I still have a lot to learn regarding my e-mail
software.  Let me try this again, appologizing in advance for the
sloppy methods

Will Zehring

Date:         Thu, 28 Apr 94 09:47:17 EDT
From:         Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@WAYNEST1>
Subject:      E-type for sale (maybe)
To:           british-cars@autox.team.net
              jag-lovers@psy.uwa.edu.au

Fellow fiends:

Keying on TerriAnn's inquiry regarding her BGT tentatively for sale, I
have a '67 E-type coupe (series 1) that is (tentatively) for sale.  Why
tentative?  I have my eyes on two other project cars: a TVR 1800S that
would go for racing, and a TF (tho that is way out in B.C.).  Anyway,
I am not sure about either of these cars but it appears an either/or
situation with respect to spousal approval and such.  Please, if you
are interested or you know someone who is interested, treat this as a
genuine offer to sell.

The car:  1967 E-type coupe, series 1
          4.2 L inline six, with four speed
          grey/silver exterior with biscuit leather interior
          wire wheels, AM/FM cassette
          tripple HS6 carbs
          (judging by vin, I believe it is a late '67)

I view this car as an excellent drive now and enjoy car, also an
excellent candidate for a later restoration project.  The car is
in very presentable condition, clean and straight enough to be
a bit vain about but not so "pure" that you don't want to use
it as a driver on a regular basis (which I do).  The car is
very solid, complete and all numbers match.  It is mechanically
quite sound.  It has a clean straight appearance, but upon closer
inspection there are numerous stone chips at the front and two rust
spots on the passenger wheel wells.  Otherwise body and box appear
very sound to the best of my knowledge.  Interior is (depending upon
your perspectives and tastes) properly aged or a bit rough.  For
me personally, it is fine.  No tears and spills, just the proper
aging on the leather and such.  All electrics and gauges (save the
windshield washer pump) work well.  Bright work is not show quality
but is also not rusty.  I get approximately 17 MPG in mixed city/highway
driving with high test gas.  Compression tests done a year ago are
fine in all cylanders. Oil consumption: approx. 1 qt. per 600 miles.
Plugs look good (no fouling).  Rubber servicable but aging.

Other than routine maintenance chores, I have had the following done:
Rebuilt water pump early last fall; rebuilt front calipers and new disks
up front as well; new hoses all around engine.

I am not sure what the going prices are for this car.  I would like to
get in the neighborhood of 18-17K for it.  This may be optimistic.  It
is not a stress sale so if prices are currently what seem to me to be
abysmally low I may hold off (I don't want to make money on it, but I
also don't want to take a bath).

Again, dispite my qualifying remarks here and at the top, please treat
this as a genuine offer to sell.

The car is located in metro Detroit, MI.

Will "there he goes again" Zehring

e-mail: wzehrin@cms.cc.wayne.edu
home: (313)-885-4180
work: (313)-577-4199