Re: 45 DCOE sidedraughts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 45 DCOE sidedraughts
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 19:17:47 EDT
> From: Mike Wynn <M.J.Wynn@sussex.ac.uk>
> Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 12:58:34 +0100 (BST)
>
> It is well documented that sidedraught carbs suffer from what is known
> of (in the uk) as fuel standoff. This is a common reason for K&N filters

OK somebody beat me to the resonance/reversion part. :)

It still might be the cam, but I hope not.

If you use deep spacers between the carb and manifold, and long feed horns,
you can increase your mid-range torque quite a bit. The formula for calculating
this (with this type of setup: no plenum) is the same as used for making the
pipes of a pipe organ. (tube diameter and length are calculated to a specific
resonant frequency)

Probably all well known, but I thought I'd point it out...

Kevin