arcane electical question, MkII

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: arcane electical question, MkII
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 09:57:43 EDT
Fellow fiends:

Many thanks to those of you out in net.wisdom.land that helped me
to determine that the proverbial yellow wire on my early B wiring
loom is for the OD.  Saddly, I don't have OD, so I shall have to
use it for some other purpose; say, tacks falling out of the exhaust
pipe or the smoke screen/oil slick (please...that may already be
taken care of).

Anyway, on to arcane question two: Where was the ignition coil mounted
on early early B's?  Later, it was bolted to the fender wall.  Early
pix that I have aren't helpful.  When I got my car, it was lying loose
in the engine compartment: not an ideal solution.  I don't have obviously
suitable bolt holes for the thing on the fender wall.  My suspicion is
that it mounted directly on the engine (generator?) or on the engine
mounts, similar to the MGA (or did that go on the frame?).  Anyway,
if you have an early B, or know someone who has one, can you take a
quick look and get back to me?  As the season warms up, car show time will
appear and I may get the info I need then, too.

Anyway, many thanks for your time,

Will "Do I really need this rusty bracket?" Zehring

aka wzehrin@cms.cc.wayne.edu