Dudley's Cobra story "Rotten TC"

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dudley's Cobra story "Rotten TC"
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 08:05:29 -0500

        I guess we all have those favorite "gas station" stories.
        My favorite happened a couple years back whilst I was
        feeding THE GREEN MAN, my TR4. A fellow walked over to
        over to me and said, "Nice MG!"  "It's not an MG" I re-
        plied, "It's a Triumph" and pointed to the blazon and
        lettering on the boot lid next to where he stood. "Oh,"
        said and then as if deep in thought he asked "When did
        MG make the Triumph?"

        Now there are many a cross word said in the "friendly
        rivalry" betwixt our two beloved marques. But as I said
        before and I'll say it again "Off the track we Triumph
        folk DON'T GET NO RESPECT"

        "May the oil in the sump always be more than the oil on
        the floor"

--
        "Three Breaks for tea and home before dark!"

    Greg Petrolati                 gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org
        1962 TR4