How tell condition of MGB rear leaf springs?

To: uunet!hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: How tell condition of MGB rear leaf springs?
From: Ron Peterson <vicorp!ron@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 12:37:55 EDT
What do the rear leaf springs in an MGB (1977) look like when they are in
good condition? Are they flat?  Bowed up?  Bowed down?  Car seems to be
bottoming out more often these days and I'm beginning to suspect the springs.
Also, the rear end hops under acceleration and often feels like it's about to
loose it (as though it wants to keep going in a straight line) when going
around corners.  Is that just normal behavior for this car?

       Ron

!* FREE CATALOG of Video, Music, *!             ron@vicorp.com
!* Amiga Software, Stories,      *!                         ___________________
!* Electronics, and FUN! by      *! Mute Punk Pigmies Pick  |Opinions expressed
!* sending email with Subject of *!    Purposeful Paths     | here are my own,
!* CATALOG to ron@vicorp.com     *!Particularly Passionately| not my employers.