Re[2]: How tell condition of MGB rear leaf springs?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, gss@acd4.acd.com
Subject: Re[2]: How tell condition of MGB rear leaf springs?
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 94 16:07:01 EST

>The end result of this effort was well worth it.  The car doesn't sit quite
>as low as my '69 did (not sure why) but it came down about 1.25 inches in
>front and 1.5 inches in the rear.  It now sits perfectly level and looks
>awesome.

        When you "lower" a rubber bumper car, you have to change the front
        crossmember as well.  There's a little extra material between the
        top of the crossmember and the frame rail.  That's how they raised
        the ride height in the front.  Maybe this is why your '77 doesn't
        sit quite as low as the '69?

        Kendall
        kendallr@chey.com