Re: Spitfire 1500 dash components

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 dash components
From: uclyjjd <uclyjjd@ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 13:51:23 +0100
>Does anyone on the net happen to have the three wooden dash panels
>for a '75 Spitfire.  Barring that, does anyone have their dash
>disassembled so I could possibly get a template to build my own?
>Barring that, can any of the U.K. readers source me these parts? I
>don't think my top has been up for the past 20 years and the dash is
>in a sorry state; dry rot, wet rot, etc..
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In the UK most parts for Spitfires are readily available.  One
of the biggest mail order suppliers are Rimmer Bros.  Their
catalogue shows three veneer panels (parts RL1169, RL1170, RL1172)
at about a fiver each.  These are for a right hand drive car, I
don't know if they are transposable if you have a left hand drive.
I think these are just the veneers - you would need to cut new
wood to stick them to (marine plywood would probably be a good
choice).

Rimmer will export parts.
phone   +44 522 791 965
fax     +44 522 794 118

I have no connection with Rimmer Bros.- just a satisfied customer.  Their
catalogue is superb - glossy colour with the origional BL parts catalogue
drawings and part numbers.

Julian.
--
       | Julian Daley,                     j.daley@ucl.ac.uk |
       | Department Clinical Physics, Guys Hospital, London. |