Late GT6 carbs?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Late GT6 carbs?
From: "Dan Parslow, x2556" <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 8:57:50 -0700 (MST)
Greetings, O list.

I recently acquired a manifold and carb set from a GT6 mkIII.
The manifold will not fit my Vitesse, as the mkIII engine used
the TR6 head and the port arrangement is different from the Vit/
earlier GT6.

What I'm wondering about is whether the Z-S carbs are worth keeping.
They have a red label saying "for emission control", but no little
tags with model numbers on them, which makes it difficult for me
to research this carb.   Did the GT6III have decently tunable
carbs, or did they become really limited at this point?  They'll
be going on a '66 model year car, so I don't have to knuckle under
for the Smog Nazis if I don't want to.

Any GT6er's responses appreciated.

Dan Parslow djp@alpha.sunquest.com
'79 Spit (slow but nice)