RE: Minis

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Minis
From: Tim Richardson <tar@perf.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 09:30:51 BST
Marcel Chichak

Just a correction to a bit of your information about the Mini Cooper:

> 3. is the mini still being built in the u.k.?

> Yup. Although with BMW in the picture expect this to be the last
> year. The '94 Cooper 1275 injected model goes for ~10K BP, what's that
> in yankee dollars, $20K? Outragious by North American standards yes,
> but the market is completely different there.

The cooper now costs about 8k BP, I think about $12k.  Although BMW has
baught Rover, the Mini is expected to be built up to at least '96, and
possibly later.  The boss of BMW is a Mini fan too, as well as being
related to Alec Issiginis, the designer of the Mini!

About half the British cars exported to Japan last year were Minis!  I
don't htink BMW/Rover would want to loose that market.

        __ __
     /\/\_\\_\

Tim Richardson