Re: TVR Search

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TVR Search
From: steve@ipecac.esd.sgi.com (Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 15:00:29 -0800 (PDT)
In mail.british-cars rolf@star.inst.bnl.gov writes:

>Greetings to the network from a new member. I have in my
>possession a 1970 TVR Vixen S2 (23 years) Wonderful and
>fun when it runs as are all the British toys. It is once
>again in need of a thorough restoration,  paint etc. I am
>looking for a windshield. > I would like to hear from
>any other TVR  owners.

Hi Rolf,

I have a 1959 TVR Grantura Mk1.  I'm pretty sure windshields are
available for your car.  I believe TVR used the same windshield
from 1957 to 1979!  It's the same as a British Ford Consul.
Have you joined the TVR Car Club?  From your mail header, I
am guessing that you are in the US.  I can dig up some names
and numbers for you of people who can point you in the right
direction for all your parts.

I'd love to have a Vixen.  I like the S1's best, but all Vixens are
nice.  A friend of mine just sold a 1972 2500 hybrid with the Vixen S3
body on the M series chassis.  I wish I had the money...

-steve